The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- May fans career-high 10 as Twins top White Sox September 15, 2014
- Swarzak, Twins look to play spoiler against division-leading Tigers September 14, 2014
- Swarzak will get Monday start vs. Tigers September 14, 2014
- Twins go up in ninth, but drop Game 2 on walk-off September 14, 2014
- Key connections: Star-Spangled Banner, baseball forever linked September 14, 2014
- Hughes out-K'd by Quintana in Twins' Game 1 loss September 14, 2014