The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- May tosses gem as Twins heat up on Indians April 19, 2015
- New pitch helps May to career-best effort vs. Tribe April 19, 2015
- Gibson seeks to continue mastery of Royals April 19, 2015
- Nolasco throws with no issues, injury rehab on track April 19, 2015
- Boyer bounces back with strong outing April 19, 2015
- Hughes' solid start foiled as Twins fall to Indians April 19, 2015