The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- May, Hicks among Twins roster cuts March 28, 2015
- Mauer's first spring homer backs solid Santana outing March 28, 2015
- Milone named fifth starter over bullpen-bound Pelfrey March 28, 2015
- Top pitching prospect Thorpe to undergo Tommy John surgery March 28, 2015
- Santana named Opening Day shortstop March 28, 2015
- Pinto fails concussion protocol; will retake test Sunday March 28, 2015