The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Impressive Twins prospects developing at instructs October 12, 2015
- Cy Young winner Chance dies at 74 October 11, 2015
- Foundation set for Twins to compete in 2016 October 8, 2015
- Twins' TV ratings up 24 percent over last year October 7, 2015
- Twins' success not a surprise to GM Ryan October 6, 2015
- Twins surpass expectations in 2015, look ahead October 6, 2015