The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Scouting profile: Adam Brett Walker II November 27, 2015
- Twins' efforts continue to bring community together November 25, 2015
- Carew embraces second chance after heart attack November 23, 2015
- Carew in need of transplant after heart attack November 23, 2015
- MLB Pipeline's 2015 All-Arizona Fall League Team November 23, 2015
- Twins at the heart of Fall League championship November 22, 2015