The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Coming off strong start, Correia takes on White Sox June 19, 2013
- Doumit's go-ahead double propels Twins to victory June 19, 2013
- Willingham back in lineup, returns to left field June 18, 2013
- Rookie level team's bus involved in fatal crash June 18, 2013
- Hicks making progress, but yet to run bases June 18, 2013
- Twins' Perkins a rarity: a stathead pitcher June 17, 2013