The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Short-handed Twins get work in on defense March 2, 2015
- Santana looking to settle in as Twins' shortstop March 2, 2015
- Ryan would gladly mentor Torii as future GM March 2, 2015
- Twins counting down to first Spring Training game March 1, 2015
- Oliva reflects on Minoso's life and career March 1, 2015
- Meyer returns to camp with heavy heart March 1, 2015