The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Hunter to mentor Twins' young outfielders January 29, 2015
- 2015 Prospect Watch: Top 10 outfielders January 29, 2015
- Twins announce Spring Training broadcast schedule January 28, 2015
- Prospect Watch: Top 10 shortstops January 28, 2015
- Twins, left-hander Duensing avoid arbitration January 27, 2015
- Santana, Escobar to engage in shortstop competition January 27, 2015