The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Colabello has huge day, delivers ninth-inning winner March 7, 2014
- Correia backed by two homers in 'B' game draw March 7, 2014
- Hicks, Arcia rest due to minor injuries March 7, 2014
- Twins-Cardinals Thursday contest rained out March 6, 2014
- Parmelee, out of options, working diligently this spring March 6, 2014
- Twins prospect Thorpe benefits from ABL stint March 6, 2014