The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Pelfrey twirls gem, but Twins fall in extras August 2, 2015
- Offensive woes mar series split vs. Mariners August 2, 2015
- Santana faces Price to open crucial series in Toronto August 2, 2015
- Milone hits DL with mild left elbow strain August 2, 2015
- Twins honor 50th anniversary of '65 AL pennant August 2, 2015
- Twins get wild walk-off win vs. Mariners August 2, 2015