The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Two big frames help Twins end losing streak May 3, 2016
- Berrios outpitches Keuchel for first MLB win May 3, 2016
- Patience pays off for Twins against Keuchel May 3, 2016
- Plouffe activated off DL, Santana soon to follow May 3, 2016
- After three relief appearances, it's time for Meyer's first start May 3, 2016
- Hit in 57 games, win $5.6 million May 3, 2016