The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Round-trippers, snapped skids help Twins regain 'swagger' May 25, 2016
- Twins top Royals with trio of homers May 25, 2016
- Dean to make second big league start vs. Mariners May 25, 2016
- Twins select reliever Boshers' contract May 25, 2016
- Escobar's hot bat isn't enough to clip Royals May 25, 2016
- Jay among top prospect performers Tuesday May 25, 2016