The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins start dealing, send Morales to Mariners July 24, 2014
- Twins designate Guerrier, call up reliever Pressly July 23, 2014
- Twins awarded No. 4 Draft pick in 2015 Round B July 23, 2014
- Swarzak called upon, delivers sharp spot start July 23, 2014
- Hughes, Twins set for four-game division clash vs. White Sox July 23, 2014
- Injured Gibson aims to return to rotation Saturday July 23, 2014