The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins reportedly win bidding on Korean lefty Yang November 22, 2014
- Top prospects Sano, Meyer, Rosario on 40-man roster November 20, 2014
- Ranking the top 25 prospects from the Arizona Fall League November 20, 2014
- Source: Twins tab Guardado as bullpen coach November 20, 2014
- Inbox: When will Twins fill out coaching staff? November 19, 2014
- Nunez steps in to help MLB All-Stars in victory November 18, 2014