The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- GM Ryan hoping young Twins fulfill potential July 1, 2016
- Twins activate Sano, option Park to Rochester July 1, 2016
- Walker among top prospect performers Thursday July 1, 2016
- Hit in 57 games, win $5.6 million July 1, 2016
- 2016 Draft: Signing and bonus tracker July 1, 2016
- All-Star Ballot end sets up Tuesday intrigue July 1, 2016