The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins looking to remain active at Winter Meetings December 6, 2013
- Twins introduce Hughes after completing deal December 5, 2013
- Next year's Draft deeper, packed with pitchers December 4, 2013
- Twins introduce free-agent righty Nolasco December 3, 2013
- Swarzak, Duensing, Plouffe tendered contracts December 2, 2013
- Nolasco, Hughes additions point Twins in right direction December 1, 2013