The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins foiled by mistakes in Royals' big inning April 19, 2014
- Twins turn to Hughes in finale against Royals April 19, 2014
- Suzuki makes impact as DH in loss to KC April 19, 2014
- Bartlett set to end comeback bid with Twins April 19, 2014
- Gardy believes pitching staff will turn corner April 19, 2014
- Nolasco, Twins stymied in opener against KC April 19, 2014