The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Gibson outduels Kazmir as Twins blank Astros August 29, 2015
- Gibson looking to build off 1st post-break win August 29, 2015
- Perkins fires scoreless 7th in healthy return August 29, 2015
- Pelfrey ready for rematch against Fiers, Astros August 29, 2015
- Sano out of lineup with right hamstring strain August 28, 2015
- Twins' status changing from 'surprise' to 'contender' August 28, 2015