The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins talk with Torii about possible reunion November 25, 2014
- Three coaches join new manager Molitor's staff November 25, 2014
- Swarzak outrighted to Triple-A Rochester November 25, 2014
- Willingham opts to retire after 11-year career November 24, 2014
- Twins waiting to see if they have highest bid for Yang November 24, 2014
- A look back at the careers of first-timers on Hall ballot November 24, 2014