The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins re-sign Hamburger, six others to Minors deals October 24, 2014
- Twins' Kepler sparks four-run inning in Fall League play October 23, 2014
- Burton heads to free agency after Twins decline option October 22, 2014
- Thrilled to be back, Buxton leads Twins' AFL class October 21, 2014
- Pitchers unfazed by 20-second clock in third test run October 18, 2014
- Hughes leads Twins winners of Diamond Awards October 16, 2014