The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins to activate Stauffer; Bernier optioned May 21, 2015
- Boyer's resurgence has Twins confident late May 21, 2015
- Buxton among top performers in Minors Wednesday May 21, 2015
- Mauer powers Twins to extra-innings win over Pirates May 21, 2015
- Mauer picks good time for first homer of 2015 May 21, 2015
- Hughes, Twins travel to Chicago to face White Sox May 21, 2015