The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Sano kisses baseball before throwing to first for final out July 24, 2016
- Suzuki out of starting lineup with 'sore' chin July 24, 2016
- This time, Twins' offense picks up pitchers July 24, 2016
- Gordon among top prospect performers Saturday July 24, 2016
- Five-run 7th sparks Twins past Sox in wild one July 24, 2016
- Kintzler suddenly garnering plenty of interest July 24, 2016