The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Gibson fires 8 scoreless as Twins blank Royals July 3, 2015
- Sano enjoys Major taste of winning most of all July 3, 2015
- Twins rewarded after showing faith in Gibson July 3, 2015
- Sano logs first MLB hit in debut vs. Royals July 3, 2015
- Milone, Twins looking to stay tough on Royals July 3, 2015
- Phenom Sano promoted by Twins, Vargas optioned July 2, 2015