The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Healthy Pressly seeks bullpen spot February 11, 2016
- Twins' farmhands lead Australia to WBC rout February 11, 2016
- Twins add pop, defense with offseason moves February 10, 2016
- Inbox: How will Twins' rotation shape up? February 9, 2016
- Five Twins looking for a rebound season in '16 February 8, 2016
- 2016 Fantasy Player Preview February 6, 2016