The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- New arrivals: Youngsters ready to lead Twins? October 30, 2014
- Hughes leads the way among Twins GIBBY nominees October 30, 2014
- Allen, Wills among new faces on Hall's Golden Era ballot October 30, 2014
- Twins' Reed making transition from college look easy October 29, 2014
- Fall Stars Game filled to brim with talent October 29, 2014
- Top overall prospect Buxton to miss rest of Fall League October 29, 2014