The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- AL Central looking like one powerhouse division December 17, 2014
- Hammond Stadium renovations enter final stretch December 17, 2014
- Twins gear up for 55th annual Winter Caravan December 15, 2014
- Santana ready to get started with Twins December 13, 2014
- Twins don't leave Winter Meetings empty-handed December 13, 2014
- Twins select righty Graham in Rule 5 Draft December 11, 2014