The Twins avoided arbitration with infielder Alexi Casilla, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3825MM contract, tweets director of baseball communications Mike Herman. The Proformance client settled $25K below the midpoint, avoiding an arbitration hearing. Casilla received a $517,500 raise his second time through arbitration. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at some possible comparables last week.
- Twins acquire Milone from A's in exchange for Fuld July 31, 2014
- Twins strand too many runners in loss to Royals July 31, 2014
- Correia looks to regain first-half form in series finale July 31, 2014
- Twins can't capitalize on overturned call July 31, 2014
- Arcia back with team after birth of son July 30, 2014
- Prospect Berrios may not miss a start July 30, 2014